Gas Log Fireplace Service From Smoke Alert Home Fire Safety
Smoke Alert offers expert gas fireplace inspection and cleaning to ensure your unit is in top condition. During this service, a technician performs the following tasks:
- Cleaning: The technician carefully brushes and vacuums your fireplace, removing material from the damper area and back walls.
- Damper valve check: We remove your gas logs, carefully clean them and check your damper valve to ensure the manufacturer’s safety clamp is in the proper locked and open position.
- Gas piping inspection: Our team checks your gas piping and addresses any gas leaks.
- Vent inspection and cleaning: We carefully inspect your fireplace vent and remove any existing debris.
- Rock wool replacement: Our technician removes any rock wool that appears burnt and replaces it with fresh material.
- Burner pan cleaning: We sift and redistribute the sand and rock wool around your fireplace’s burner pan so that it can filter gas evenly.
- Final inspection: Finally, we place your gas logs back into your fireplace, ignite them and make any necessary flame or log adjustments. We also clean and ensure your glass pane is in place,